“The flower doesn’t dream of the bee.
It blossoms and the bee comes.”
Call for Proposals for the 2020 Conference has closed.
The IEATA + OU Review Committee is currently evaluating submissions. Decisions are expected the week of September 16, 2020.
Bees remind us to focus on the nurturing of ourselves, our families, community and support groups. We “blossom” through creativity – the same creative energy that gives birth to the whole world. The creative process involves being, seeing, doing, moving and living. Creativity invites us into the realm of working, knowing, experimenting, witnessing, sharing, healing, transforming and growing in our chosen profession.
The focus of this conference is the celebration of the harmonious interconnectivity of creativity, beauty and healing of mind, body and spirit in all its wondrous forms: music, visual arts, poetry and writing, dance/movement, rhythm and play.
IEATA and Ottawa University Arizona – Phoenix Campus graciously extend a welcome invitation to all expressive arts therapists, art therapists, artists, students and the global creative community to join us March 26 to 29, 2020. Come bee part of the uplifting, unlimited and un-bee-lievable healing possibilities of the creative process!
Keeping with our bee theme, please find the Proposal Track descriptions below:
- Hive | Living
- The hive is the structural foundation of the bee community. This is where live begins, maintains, and evolves.
- Elements include: Diversity, Populations, Inclusivity, Culture, Teamwork and Research
- Queen | Being
- The Queen bee is vital to the colony. She creates and regulates.
- Elements include: Leadership, Ethics, Supervision, Education/Training, Self-care, Mind/Body/Spirit
- Drone | Seeing
- The Drone has a single job to see the Queen and join with her.
- Elements include: Theory, Therapy, Counseling, Disorders
- Worker | Doing
- The Worker cares for the community. They clean, feed, guard, and forage.
- Elements include: Students, Community, Artists, Skills, Techniques, Modalities
- Scout | Moving
- The Scout travels to find a suitable place to relocate.
- Elements include: Integration, Intro/Orientation, Innovation, Research
Opened May 1, 2019.
Due June 30, 2019.
If you require the survey in an alternate format (such as a Word Doc), please request it via email.
For your reference, here is a pdf of the Proposal application. This document is not valid for submission.
“Creativity is the evidence each day you are consciously living with intention –
the intention to end each day as a better version of yourself than you were when you started it.”
– Dr. Stephen Birchak, 2020 IEATA Conference Plenary Speaker